AFS Consultants also provide a wide range of consultancy services for the port & maritime sectors.
AFS Consultants have extensive experience in Port, Offshore and VTS operations, and provide solutions tailored to Client's individual requirements including advice on compliance with international, national and local regulations.
Our projects to date have involved us in:
- Carrying out risk assessments for all aspects of safe marine operations;
- Amendment to a major port's deep-water anchorage, taking it from planning and consultation to final implementation;
- The extension to a traffic seperation scheme on the approaches to a major port. including ensuring the safety of an under construction, offshore, wind turbine site;
- A feasibility study for remotely running a VTS operation;
- Completing a full port formal risk assessment, before introducing a safety management system (SMS) in its entirety;
- Carrying out oil spill excercises using Oil Spill software.
- Involved in the upgrade process of VTS in a major International port
- Production of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA's);
- The implementation of routines, systems and procedures when a major VTS was expanded and moved location;
- Design, testing and maintenance of various VTS databases;
- Administration of Aids to Navigation in a major port;
- Surveys on behalf of clients including P&I clubs, Hull, and Cargo Underwriters;
- Operational and financial control of Dredging operations;
- Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC) audits;
- Aptitude testing;
- VTS audits;
- Presentations to PMSC Duty Holders;
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) provision.
We are proud to have associations with the following:-